17 mars 2006

Gimme back my butter!

Nowadays, and in the United States in particular, nothing is what it used to be... Yogurts, cheese, butter, creme fraiche go light, with less and less calories. Ham, prosciuto, chorizo lose fat, beverages lose sugar, drinks lose caffeine, coffee goes nescafé (beurk)... the wine loses the cork, salads lose their dressings, and they all lose taste, they all lose their soul. At the same time some vegetables and cereals go transgenic (fortunately not yet in Europe), animals get antibiotics, dioxines... and soon enough, H5N1 something viruses... Soon we'll have the choice between eating plastic food or nothing. So while we're not there yet, I want my butter back! and my french cheese, my Serrano, my designer mineral water, my cork, my Delta espresso (or illy ok) and my red bull with plenty of caffeine and ginseng and guaraná & whatever to keep me going...

Aucun commentaire: